Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Resurrection Power of Christ

Scripture:

Matthew 27:52-53  "and the tombs broke open.  The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.  They came out of the tombs after Jesus' resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people".

Observation;

When Jesus died, there was an earthquake, the veil in the temple was torn in two, and dead bodies came back to life!  That's power!  At the resurrection, those bodies came out of the tombs and walked around.  We would call this a zombie apocalypse, but I call it resurrection power.

Application:

Paul told that "if the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in you, He will make alive your mortal bodies".  We have the same Spirit that caused the earthquake, many to rise from the dead, and Christ to rise, living in us.  If we really could believe that, our lives would be dramatically different.  It is true, therefore, we must realize it, believe it, and walk in it.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in the power of Your Spirit and not in my flesh.  Let me be led by Your Spirit and not my own imagination.  Let me be filled with Your power every day.  Help me to comprehend what that actually means and let me walk in it on a daily basis.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment