Thursday, January 7, 2016

Open Your Eyes

Scripture:

Genesis 21:19  "The God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water.  So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink".

Observation:

Hagar had taken Ishmael away from Abraham's family and into the desert.  In the desert, she came right to the place of death for her and her son.  At that point, she called on the Lord.  God told her that her son would become a great nation and He opened her eyes so that she saw a well of water.  Either the well was miraculously put there, or she just couldn't see it in her condition.

Application:

Sometimes we need God to open our eyes because the answer we are looking for may be right beside us.  We may be looking for an answer from the Lord and we may be closer than we think.  It is easy to get distracted with apparent failures and setbacks in life.  These things happen.  When God opens our eyes, we may find out that it is not as bad as we thought it was.

Prayer:

Father, open my eyes to see how You are working in my life.  Open my eyes to see Your plan in every area.  Help me to know that my answer could be right beside me.  Help me to trust You more and to walk in faith every day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment