Tuesday, January 5, 2016

God Let's You Know What's Coming When You Follow Him

Scripture:

Genesis 15:13-14  "Then the Lord said to him, 'Know for certain that for four hundred years your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own and that they will be enslaved and mistreated there.  But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions'".

Observation:

God was speaking here to Abram about his family and future.  At the time, Abram didn't even have any children, but the Lord told him he would have them like the the stars in the sky.  The Lord went on to tell him his family's future and how they would become slaves.  He also let him know that after four hundred years, they would come out with great possessions.  Nothings surprises God.  He knows what is coming far before it happens.

Application:

Just like God spoke to Abram about his family, He can speak to us today.  The Holy Spirit came to "show us things to come" and to "lead us into all truth".  We can trust a God who knows our future and has all power.  Our job is to seek Him and be in right relationship with Him so that when He speaks, we will hear.

Prayer:

Father, You now my past, my present, and my future.  You are my everything and I trust You.  During this 21 day fast, open my ears to hear all You have to say.  Help me to walk in faith and to trust You more.  Show me things to come.  Show me what decisions to make.  Take control of my life and future.  I am Yours.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment