Saturday, January 16, 2016

Comfort in Hard Decisions

Scripture:

Genesis 46:3-4  "'I am God, the God of your father', he said.  'Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.  I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again.  And Joseph's own hand will close your eyes'".

Observation:

Israel was nervous about uprooting his family, leaving the land that had been the promise of his fathers, and taking his family to Egypt.  He had to leave everything he loved and his father's had worked for and go to a strange place.  In that time, God spoke to him and said don't be afraid, the promise is still in effect, and I will go with you.

Application:

When God calls us to do things that will stretch us, He will always comfort us by letting us know we are making the right decisions.  When He calls us to do things that may not make sense, or may not feel like His original plan for us, He will take care of us.  We can rest assured that where God guides, He provides and He will be with us.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  You are the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  You take care of Your own.  When You speak to me, help me to take comfort in the fact that You will be with me, your plans will continue in my life, and that I don't have to be afraid.  Help me to be more decisive once I feel something is from You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment