Thursday, January 21, 2016

Rest is a Promise

Scripture:

Matthew 11:29  "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls".

Observation:

Just before this verse, Jesus tells us to come to Him when we are weary and burdened.  In verse 28 and in verse 29 He promises rest for us.  He wants us to come to Him when we are stressed out and can't rest.  We will find our rest in Him.

Application:

We live in a world that is extremely stressful.  Paul even told Timothy that stressful times would come at the end, but Jesus says He will give us rest in the midst of it.  We must do our part, then His rest will come.  We must "come" to Him in daily prayer, word and meditation.  We must "yoke" up with Him and walk in partnership with Him through walking in the Spirit.  Lastly, we must "learn" from Him through time in His word.  We must come, yoke and learn, then we will have rest.

Prayer:

Lord God, this has been a very busy time and I have been weary lately.  Help me to come to You more, yoke up with You more and to learn from You more.  In that I am promised rest.  Thank You for giving me Your rest and peace to walk through this world full of stress.  You are amazing!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment