Thursday, January 11, 2024

When God Blesses You

 Scripture:

”I am not worthy of all the unfailing love and faithfulness you have shown to me, your servant. When I left home and crossed the Jordan River, I owned nothing except a walking stick. Now my household fills two large camps!“. ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭32‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob was heading back to his homeland with his family and all their possessions after being away for many years. As he was returning, and wondering if his brother would receive him or kill him, he was reminded of all the Lord had done in the past 20 years. He declares here that when he left home, it was just him and a walking stick, but now his family, flocks, and servants were a vast crowd. He realized how much God had blessed him in a time when he was running for his life.

Application:

When God blesses you…you are blessed! God has the ability to bless His people, even when their situation is less than perfect. He can multiply resources and prosper His people, even when they are being taken advantage of. Jacob was being used and abused by his father-in-law, but in the midst of it, God was blessing and prospering him. We must sometimes look back and realize how far the Lord has taken us and honor Him for His blessing in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercies endure forever. Thank You for being a God who truly blesses and prospers Your people. Thank you for blessing my life over and over again. You have been faithful to me and my house. Help me to honor You well. I know that all things in my life are from You and are the results of Your blessing. Without You, I am nothing. You are my all-in-all! You are my provided, my protector, and my strength.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment