Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Produce Proper Fruit

 Scripture:

”I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit.“ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭21‬:‭43‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus is talking to the Pharisees and teachers of the religious Law concerning who will be first and last in the Kingdom. He tells them that the Kingdom will be taken away from them and given to another group of people, those who will produce proper fruit. Jesus is looking for good fruit and entrusts His kingdom to those who produce it.

Application:

In the beginning, God created everything to be able to reproduce. Whatever God does, reproduces. He is a fruit inspector and is looking for good fruit. God expects us to take what He has given us in gifts, talents, resources, etc. and multiply it for His purposes. This is producing proper fruit. We need to think about our lives and ask if they are producing for the Kingdom. We need to think, “are we living religious lives like the Pharisees, but not producing fruit?” I need to look at what God has entrusted me with and ask, “Is it producing fruit?” If not, I have work to do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my life be productive for You and Your kingdom. Let me not simply live a nice religious life, but a life of impact. Let my life count for Your kingdom. Help me to bear much fruit and good fruit. Teach me to walk in step with You. Let 2024 be a year of producing proper fruit that will remain.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment