Saturday, January 27, 2024

Forsaken By God

 Scripture:

”And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”“ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭27‬:‭46‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

This verse speaks of Jesus crying out about His Father forsaking Him while He was on the cross. Scholars believe that when Jesus took on Himself the sins of the world, His Father had to turn away because God cannot have anything to do with sin. This verse shows the humanity of Jesus. He felt abandoned and forsaken by His Father at the weakest moment of His life.

Application:

There will be times, especially at our weakest moments, that God seems far away. There will be times when it seems that God has forsaken us and is not longer working on our behalf. We must remember that Jesus has felt what we feel in those times. We must remember that Christ has felt every human emotion to be able to sympathize with us. The beauty for us is that Jesus was forsaken so we could be accepted. We never have to question whether God has forsaken us. He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. We can confidently walk through anything knowing God is with us and sees what’s going on. He may have allowed it, but He will bring us through it.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more in 2024. When you feel distant, let me know You are with me. Your word comforts me and encourages me. Let me live this year by faith and not sight. Give me confident expectation of good things to come. Meet every need and help me to serve You well. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment