Monday, January 15, 2024

Undeserved Blessing

 Scripture:

”Then get your father and all of your families, and return here to me. I will give you the very best land in Egypt, and you will eat from the best that the land produces.’”“ ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭45‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Joseph finally revealed himself to his brothers who had sold him into slavery, but was now the second most powerful man in Egypt. When he was sending them back to get their father and family, he said, “I will give you the very best land in Egypt, and you will eat from the best that the land produces.” Joseph decided to return hate and pain for blessing. Instead of revenge, he gave the best of Egypt to his brothers and family.They didn’t deserve anything, but he chose to bless them.

Application:

Just like Joseph gave his brothers undeserved blessings, Christ gave us undeserved blessings. He gave His own life for us, so that we could be free. We deserved eternal punishment, but He gave eternal life with the Father. We deserved death and He gave us life. We are to live like Christ, who is demonstrated beautifully through the life of Joseph. Therefore we should bless those who don’t deserve it. We should help those who don’t deserve it and be good to those who don’t deserve it.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me, as Jesus said, to bless those who curse me and to pray for those who despitefully use me. Help me to return hate with love and betrayal with faithfulness. Help me to love those who hurt me and bless those who have treated me unfairly. Teach me to walk like Jesus in 2024.

Sincerely,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment