Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Unaware

 Scripture:

”Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I wasn’t even aware of it!”“. ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭28‬:‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob slept with a rock for a pillow and during his sleep he had a dream. In his dream there was a stairway leading into heaven and there were angels ascending and descending. The Lord stood at the top of the stairway and spoke to him. When he awoke, he made the statement above. “The Lord is in this place, and I wasn’t even aware of it!”

Application:

We need to realize that wherever we go, God is with us. We can sense His presence corporately in worship with our brothers and sisters, but God doesn’t live in manmade temples. He lives in our hearts. He is with us at all times, whether we sense that or not. He is the omnipresent God who is everywhere at the same time. I want to live aware of the presence of God at all times, not just in church settings.

Prayer:

Father, let me be more aware of Your presence every day. Help me to know You at more intimate levels and teach me to walk by what I know and not just what I feel. I KNOW You are with me at all times. Help me to walk in what I know. Let me never be caught unaware of Your presence.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment