Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Trust or Revenge?

 Scripture:

”You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.“. ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭50‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Jacob died, this sons were afraid to go back to Joseph. They thought since his father was dead that he would treat them bad because of all they had done to him earlier in life. He responded to them by saying that they intended evil, but God intended it all for good. He gives glory to God for bringing him to the position he was so he could save people’s lives. He teaches us how to respond to people that hurt us.

Application:

When we have been hurt, we can trust God or ourselves. We can love people like Christ loved people or we can get bitter. We have a choice to make when we have been wronged. We can demonstrate the goodness of God and His forgiveness, or we can hold on to resentment and hatred. God wants us to love and forgive like Joseph did and like Christ did. We can also rest confident that, no matter what people’s intentions are, God will turn it around for His glory and our good.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to respond well when treated wrongly. Help me to forgive others as Christ forgives me. Let my life be a demonstration of Your goodness and grace. Teach me to trust You rather than seeking revenge on my own. Teach me to trust Your intentions in my life more than my own feelings.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment