Saturday, January 6, 2024

Don’t Laugh

 Scripture:

”Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”“ ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭18‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Abraham was 100 years old and Sarah was 90 when the Lord told them they were going to have a baby. They both laughed when they heard it. When Sarah was told, she laughed and said, “Can an old woman like me have a baby?” The Lord quickly interrupted here and said, “Is anything too hard for the Lord?” 

Application:

Sometimes God will tell us things that make us want to laugh because they make no sense to us. Our response should not be to laugh it off and think it must be a word for someone else, but we must receive God’s promises by faith and walk in them. I don’t want to miss out on anything God has for my life. I want to see the impossible made possible through Him.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of honor and glory. I worship You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me to believe the words You speak to me, even when I don’t see how they could happen. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Show Yourself strong in my life and don’t let me slow down or stop anything You want to do. I trust in You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment