Friday, January 19, 2024

Future Worry Debilitates

 Scripture:

”“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.“ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭34‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Jesus calls His followers not to worry about tomorrow because it will bring its own worries. Rather, He wants us to focus on today. He finishes His statement with “Today’s trouble is enough for today.” In other words, Why add tomorrow’s worries onto today’s worries? He tells us to deal with what today brings us and don’t be so concerned about tomorrow. 

Application:Jesus speaks of a lifestyle of living in the moment and making the most of it. If I work on today, I won’t need to worry about tomorrow. We need to think about the future, but not worry about it. We need to plan for the future, but not stay up at night worrying about it. Sometimes we can get so obsessed with what could happen tomorrow that it debilitates us today. We must do our best today, and trust God with our future. Future planning brings good results, future worry debilitates today.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to worry about the future. You hold my future. You hold my destiny. You are my everything. Help me to trust You with tomorrow while doing all I must today. Help me to be a good planner, but not a worrier. Teach me to get the most out of today and let tomorrow worry about itself.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment