Thursday, January 18, 2024

Immersed in the Spirit and Fire

 Scripture:

”“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.“ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3‬:‭11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus. His job was to introduce Jesus to the world. In this passage, he does just that. This is his presentation of Jesus to the world. He emphasizes that Jesus will baptize us with the Holy Spirit and with fire. Baptizo literally means to immerse. He said Jesus would immerse us in the Holy Spirit and fire.

Application:

I want to live immersed in the power and presence of God. I don’t want a little bit of God in my life. I want to live immersed in the Holy Spirit and fire. I want to be baptized completely with the Holy Spirit. I want Him to cover every part of my life. I don’t want to live a lukewarm life for God. I want to live an on fire, immersed in fire, type of life. If John introduced Jesus this way… I want it.

Prayer:

Baptize me afresh with Your Holy Spirit. Cover me with Your holy fire. I want to live life drenched in Your presence and power. I long for more of You in my life. I don’t want just a little Jesus in my life in 2024. I want all that You have for me. Let Your fire fall on me, my family, my church, and the world. Burn out everything of self and let me burn for You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment