Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Forbidding and Permitting

 Scripture:

”“I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.“ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In the context Jesus as talking about forbidding and permitting people in and out of fellowship, but He did use the word “whatever”. Jesus gave us more authority than we realize and more than we walk in. This verse basically says that He will back up in heaven what we do on the earth as it relates to binding and loosing, or, forbidding and permitting. He didn’t say what He binds in heaven is bound on earth. He said what we bind on earth is bound in heaven.

Application:

God created man to be in His image. I have to ask myself, “Do I believe this verse?” I also need to ask, “Do I live like I believe this verse?” If I believe this verse, then there are some things I need to be binding and some things I need to be loosing. We must begin to act on what we know and do what we believe. There are things we permit, that we should be releasing. I must ask myself, “What am I putting up with that needs bound or released?” God backs us up, but we have to take the first step.

Prayer:

Father, help me to bind what needs bound and loose what needs loosed in my life, my family, my church, and the world around me. In faith this morning I bind everything that has hindered my family from fulfilling their potential in You. I bind every lie and deception that has enabled wrong thinking. I release each member of my family to encounter You in a powerful way and to live life for Your glory. I bind every hindrance to Word of Life and release God’s blessing and favor over her. I bind the Principalities that have ruled this region for a long time and I release Your angels to defeat them so that revival can come to this region. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment