Monday, January 29, 2024

Humility Before God

 Scripture:

”But Moses said before the Lord, “Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh heed me?”‭ ‭Exodus‬ ‭6‬:‭30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Moses, God’s chosen vessel to deliver 2-3 million Israelites from Egyptian slavery, never thought he had what it takes to speak, to lead, to stand before Pharaoh, etc. Scripture later says that Moses was the most humble man on the planet. God used his humility because Moses knew he didn’t have what it takes and was fully dependent on God.

Application:

Sometimes weakness is the greatest position from which we will see the power of God. When we realize we are weak, God gets more and more glory. When we walk in humility, God is exalted. We need to lower our self-evaluation and realize apart from the Lord, we can do nothing. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of my very best! You are holy and powerful! You are great and glorious! You are high and lifted up. Let Your name be praised forever. Help me to walk in humility, knowing that I can do nothing, but You can do anything and everything. Let me always have a proper perspective of myself.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment