Friday, January 5, 2024

Faith, Not Sight

 Scripture:

”The whole countryside is open to you. Take your choice of any section of the land you want, and we will separate. If you want the land to the left, then I’ll take the land on the right. If you prefer the land on the right, then I’ll go to the left.”“ ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭13‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Abraham and Lot had grown and developed into two very large groups of people. They needed to separate in order to continue to grow. As they were coming into the land God promised Abraham, he let Lot choose which part of the land he wanted. This would mean Abraham would have to trust God and not what looked best in the natural.

Application:

Sometimes we have to walk by faith and not by sight. Abraham allowed Lot to operate by sight, causing him to have to operate by faith and trust God completely. There are times that God will lead us to do things that don’t make sense to us, but will cause us to trust Him more and need His intervention more. We must learn that what appears to be best may not always be what God has for us and that He will give us better if we trust Him instead of doing what seems right.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercies are new every morning. Help me to trust You over my own reasoning mind. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Help me to develop a trust walk, knowing You are my God and You will take care of me in every situation. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment