Friday, January 12, 2024

Return to God’s House

 Scripture:

”So Jacob told everyone in his household, “Get rid of all your pagan idols, purify yourselves, and put on clean clothing. We are now going to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone.”“ ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭35‬:‭2‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob’s sons had done some terrible things, which could have caused them huge trouble in the land they were living in. Jacob left that place and headed back to Bethel, which means “House of God”. He told his people to get rid of all their pagan idols, purify themselves, and put on clean clothing because they were going to Bethel to build an altar to the God who answered his prayers in distress and been with him wherever he had gone.

Application:

When you realize you are on the wrong pathway, you must repent, get rid of things that are not godly, and purify yourself. We then head back to the House of God and build an altar with our lives. All of us need cleansing at times. Fasting is a form of humility and asking God to cleanse us from all impurities. I want to walk in purity and power all the days of my life. When I mess up, I want to always come back to the altar of repentance and forgiveness. 

Prayer:

Lord God, You are righteous and holy. You are powerful and perfect. Enable me to always come back to the place of prayer, sacrifice, and purity when I mess up. Sanctify my life during this fast for Your purposes. Take out everything that is not of You and fill me to overflowing with Your Spirit. Let me live a life that pleases You above all else. Let this generation come running back to the house of God. Let those who are away from You come running back to the house of God.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment