Friday, December 1, 2023

No Other Savior

 Scripture:

““I have been the Lord your God ever since I brought you out of Egypt. You must acknowledge no God but me, for there is no other savior.” ‭‭Hosea‬ ‭13‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As Hosea is finishing his prophetic words for Israel, the Lord speaks through him and says, “I have been your God ever since I brought you out of Egypt. You must acknowledge no god but me, for there is no other savior.” What a powerful verse. God was saying that He brought them out and has always been their God, but He needed them to acknowledge that instead of worshiping other gods.He wanted them to know He was the only savior.

Application:

We can look to all kinds of things to save us, but only the Lord wants to be our Savior. Jesus means “The Lord saves” and we must look to Him as the one who saves us. I need to remember that it is the Lord who saves us and nothing and nobody else. Our trust and reliance must be in Him and Him alone. The older I get, the more I want to trust God instead of relying on myself and me plans and thoughts.

Prayer:

Father, let me trust in You as my one and only Savior. You are worthy and have been so good to me. Thank You for blessing my life and providing for me over and over again. You are amazing and there is no one like You. Help me to look to nothing and no one to save me but You. You are my everything!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment