Monday, December 4, 2023

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

 Scripture:

“Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.”  ‭‭1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

John says here that we shouldn’t merely say we love each other, but should show the truth with our actions. Real belief is always turned into action. Loving God’s people with our actions is crucial for us as believers. We must demonstrate what we believe. Love is an action word and people can tell when we speak it. 

Application:

If love is action, then I need to work more on doing love than on speaking love. I need to show my love by what I do more than what I say. I need to think through and learn to speak with my actions more than with my mouth. 

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to love in actions and deeds instead of simply saying the words. Let my love for Your people be felt because of what I do, not what I say. You are love. Help me to love well and represent You well. I want to look more and more like You as I grow older. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment