Monday, December 25, 2023

Many Nations!

 Scripture:

”The Lord says, “Shout and rejoice, O beautiful Jerusalem, for I am coming to live among you. Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day, and they, too, will be my people. I will live among you, and you will know that the Lord of Heaven’s Armies sent me to you.“ ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭2‬:‭10‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord speaks here after 70 years of captivity in Babylon for His people, and says that Jerusalem should shout and rejoice because He was coming to live among them. He goes on to say that many nations will join themselves to the Lord and become His people as well. He says He will live among them and they would know that Zachariah was the real deal.

Application:

When the end finally comes, God’s people Israel, will be joined with people from many other nations who have joined themselves to Him. God’s intention from the beginning was to bless Israel and cause all the other nations to be jealous and turn to Him because of how He worked with Israel. It seems at the end that God will judge sheep nations and goat nations. Jesus told us to go and make disciples of the nations. In Revelation we see the nations worshiping and parading before the Lord. God loves all nations and wants to see national repentance. I want to be part of seeing nations discipled.

Prayer:

Father, You said “ask of Me and I will give you the nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your possession.” I ask You this morning for the nations. I ask You to use my life to extend Your kingdom to every nation on the earth. When the parade nations comes in Revelation, I want to see faces that are there because I went and declared Your goodness. Use me for Your purposes.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment