Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Love Expels Fear

 Scripture:

“Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.” ‭‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

John tells us here that God’s love has no fear attached to it because perfect love expels all fear. He goes on to say that if we are afraid, then we haven’t experienced His perfect love. God’s love is incredible and will position us in a place of confidence and not fear. 

Application:

We need to bask in the love of God until all fear has left us. We need to be so in love with Jesus that we don’t fear death or any other thing. We must also ask ourselves the question, “do people fear me or love me?” Are we communicating fear or love? We are to represent our Father, who is love personified. The world should know we are His disciples by our love for one another. We must learn to love well if we are going to represent God Almighty.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to love like You love. Empower me to walk in Your love and let fear lose all hold on my life. I want to live a life free rom fear of any kind and full of Your love. I want to love freely and not be afraid of the pain it could bring. I want to forgive like You forgive. Help me to walk as You walk and to love as You love.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment