Wednesday, December 27, 2023

God’s Values

 Scripture:

”“This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: Judge fairly, and show mercy and kindness to one another. Do not oppress widows, orphans, foreigners, and the poor. And do not scheme against each other.“ ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭7‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Many times throughout Scripture God tells us what He wants from His people. He is huge on justice, mercy, and kindness. He hates oppression of underprivileged people. He hates disunity. God always defends the defenseless. He wants His people to represent His ways to the world. He doesn’t like cheating, lying, or favoritism.

Application:

We need to be people who represent our God well in the world. We should emphasize what He emphasizes and judge how He would judge. We know the things God hates and we should avoid them at all costs. Cheating, lying, perverting justice, oppressing the poor, are all big things to God. We must be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are faithful and good! Your love and kindness are incredible and I love You with all my heart. Help me to live how You want me to live. Let me always be fair and equitable. Help me to always exhibit blind justice and treat people equally whether they are rich, poor, or anything else. Help me to reflect Your values with my life.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment