Saturday, December 30, 2023

God Doesn’t Want Leftovers

 Scripture:

”You say, ‘It’s too hard to serve the Lord,’ and you turn up your noses at my commands,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “Think of it! Animals that are stolen and crippled and sick are being presented as offerings! Should I accept from you such offerings as these?” asks the Lord.“ ‭‭Malachi‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God speaks through Malachi here about the offerings His people were bringing to Him. When something is offered to God, He doesn’t want our leftovers, He wants our very best. People were bringing stolen animals and crippled and sick animals as sacrifices to God and He was very upset about it. 

Application:

God would rather us not offer and offering than to offer something that has no value or costs us nothing. A sacrifice is called a sacrifice because it costs something to the one bringing it. God wants the firstfruits and the best of everything we have. When we offer God our very best, He blesses and multiplies what we have. When we offer less than our best, He doesn’t want it. Our worship must cost us something.

Prayer:

Father, help me to provide you something that is valuable and that costs me something. Help me to offer You sacrifices that are valuable to me and to You. Let my offerings always be sacrificial and worthwhile. In my life and ministry, help me to never give you someone else’s sacrifice, or stolen sacrifice. Help me to give You the best of what I have. Remind me of this often.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment