Saturday, December 9, 2023

FULL Reward

 Scripture:

“Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked so hard to achieve. Be diligent so that you receive your full reward.” ‭‭2 John‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

John writes and tells us to focus on love above everything else. He says here that we should watch out so we don’t love what we’ve worked hard for… so that you receive your FULL reward. If there is a FULL reward, there must also be a partial reward or no reward. Hebrews tells us God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. 

Application:

In the context, John is speaking about loving people because God is love and loves people. Could it be that we lose our reward when we don’t love like we should? As for me, I don’t want to lose any reward I have coming to me. I want to receive the fulness of what Jesus died to give me. I want to represent Him well on the earth. I need to love like Jesus loved and thereby receive my FULL reward.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to love well. Help me to love as You love. Let Your love flow through my life and let people feel loved when they are around me. As You have loved me, help me to love others and to represent You well. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment