Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Agree With God

 Scripture:

“Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?”  ‭‭Amos‬ ‭3‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

I have heard this verse used so much when speaking of unity and the power of agreement. I have heard it used in marriage conferences, etc. The reality of this verse is that God was calling Israel to Himself because they had walked away from Him and His ways. They were worshiping other gods and doing their own thing. God was calling out to them and telling them to walk in agreement with Him.

Application:

This verse tells us in order for two to walk together they must agree on a direction. What God is saying is that He has set the direction and we must agree to walk according to His ways. We can’t be at unity with God and doing our own thing. We must be doing what God is doing and following His lead or we are walking in division. We are blessed when we walk in unity with God Almighty, but in order to do that, we must agree that His direction is the right direction.

Prayer:

Lord God, I want to walk Your direction. I want to walk in agreement with You all the days of my life. Teach me to know Your ways and live according to Your ways. Show me how to walk in agreement with You. I want to live a blessed life and an obedient life. The direction is set by You, help me to follow it well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment