Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Itching Ears

 Scripture:

”Suppose a prophet full of lies would say to you, “I’ll preach to you the joys of wine and alcohol!” That’s just the kind of prophet you would like!“ ‭‭Micah‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Micah speaks powerfully as a prophetic voice of the Lord to the people of his day. He is calling our prophets who are speaking what people want to hear instead of what the Lord is saying. He calls out preachers who preach about the joys of wine and alcohol because that makes the people feel good. 

Application:

Just as Micah cries out in his generation for a pure word from the Lord instead of trying appease people’s itching ears, God is looking for people today who are not afraid to preach about sin and judgment. It is easy to get into the trap of wanting people to like us and what we have to say. It feels good when everyone leaves church feeling good about themselves, but has God’s word truly been delivered? I need to communicate what God is saying, whether it sounds and feels good or doesn’t.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to speak what You are speaking. Enable me to hear Your voice and declare Your truth. I don’t want to preach to tickle people’s itching ears. I want people to hear from You and live. I want people to hear Your voice in mine and respond to Your call. Empower me to speak truth at all times, even when it offends people.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment