Saturday, December 23, 2023

Protection in Obedience

 Scripture:

”Seek the Lord, all who are humble, and follow his commands. Seek to do what is right and to live humbly. Perhaps even yet the Lord will protect you— protect you from his anger on that day of destruction.“ ‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭2‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zephaniah prophesies about utter destruction coming and declares here that God’s people should be humble and follow His commands. He tells them to seek to do what is right and to live humbly because maybe the Lord will protect them in the day of His anger. He gives them very little hope because of their disobedience, but their only hope was humility before God and doing what is right.

Application:

There is protection in obedience. God doesn’t punish the righteous with the wicked. When we humble ourselves before Him and repent, He finds a way to spare us from punishment. We live in a generation that wants to do whatever they want to do, but God says we must humble ourselves and turn from our ways and follow His ways. Our job is to humble ourselves and follow God’s ways, then trust that He will protect us.

Prayer:

Father God, You are incredible and I love You with all my heart. You have blessed my life throughout the years abundantly. You have taken such good care of me. Enable me to please You with my life. Let me walk in complete submission to You and Your ways. Empower me to walk humbly before You and to live a life that bring You praise and glory. Work in and through my life. I am Yours. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment