Thursday, December 28, 2023

Ask the Lord

 Scripture:

”Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, for he makes the storm clouds. And he will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture.“. ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭10‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zechariah speaks here and tells God’s people to ask the Lord for rain in the spring because He makes the storm clouds. It says that God will answer their prayer and give them rain showers. The thing that stood out to me this morning was that the prophet said to ask for rain.

Application:

James says that we don’t receive because we don’t ask, or we don’t ask properly. Zechariah says that we need to ask for rain in the Spring. I know I am guilty of not asking the Lord for things because I tend to just trust He will take care of them. Sometimes I feel like He knows my needs so why should I ask? In the Spring, I expect rain, but probably don’t pray for it unless something is wrong and there is a drought. God has been teaching me to ask specifically.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk with You in step and do what You want me to do. Show me when to ask and when to simply believe. I ask You this morning to provide financially for Word of Life, Hearts for the Harvest and for the Jacob family. Heal my back and touch Cheryl physically. I ask You for the nations as my inheritance and the ends of the earth as my dwelling place. Teach me to ask for things that I take for granted.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment