Friday, December 22, 2023

I Am Doing Something

Scripture:

”The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it.“ ‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬ 

Observation:

Habakkuk was complaining to God about his people and how justice was gone, the wicked outnumbered the just, the courts were not trustworthy, and people were full of anger. God’s response to Habakkuk was awesome. He said, “I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if you were told about it.” What was God doing? He was raising up the Babylonians. God let Habakkuk know He had a plan.

Application:

Nothing takes God by surprise! He always has a plan. In our country, we feel like it can’t get any worse and that people have ruled God out of their lives, but God has a plan… He is doing something! We must pray that God will move in our generation, but we can also stand confident, knowing God sees, understands, and He is doing something. Right now, as bad as things look around us, God is doing something. Our job is to find out what He is doing and be part of it.

Prayer:

Almighty God, nothing takes You by surprise. Help me to realize that, in the midst of all the bad I can see around me, that You are doing something. Open my eyes to see You working in my day when injustice seems to be everywhere. Thank You for reminding me this morning that You are doing something in the United States. You are moving in our world. Help me to trust You more and be part of what You are doing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment