Monday, December 11, 2023

Use My Obedience and My Disobedience For Your Glory

 Scripture:

“Then the sailors picked Jonah up and threw him into the raging sea, and the storm stopped at once! The sailors were awestruck by the Lord’s great power, and they offered him a sacrifice and vowed to serve him.”  ‭‭Jonah‬ ‭1‬:‭15‬-‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Jonah disobeyed the Lord and ran the opposite direction, it affected the men on board the ship he was on. When the decision was made and Jonah was thrown overboard, the wind and storm stopped immediately. The sailors saw this and vowed to serve the Lord and sacrifice to Him because of His great power. Even lost people can see the hand of God in our lives and decide to follow Him.

Application:

First, we must walk in obedience to God the first time and not run the other direction. Secondly, we must ask God to use every circumstance in our lives to bring people to Christ. Even Jonah’s disobedience brought people to the Lord. We need to offer our lives to the Lord for His purposes. I want to be used of God in obedience, but I want God to move, even when I’m running the other direction.

Prayer:

Father, I offer You my life once again this morning. Use me to bring glory to Yourself. Use my obedience. Use my disobedience. Use my life to bring glory to Your name. Let me always go the direction You are calling me. Let me become the man You want me to be. Help me to obey first and ask questions later.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment