Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Prayers of Jesus

 Scripture:

“While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God.”‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews says here that God heard Jesus, not because He was the Son of God, but because of His deep reverence for God. Jesus had a deep reverence for God His Father. He prayed with loud cries and tears to His Father, knowing God was hearing and would help Him in every situation.

Application:

God doesn’t play favorites. He hears everyone who calls on Him, especially when they have deep reverence and respect for Him. He also loves heartfelt prayers that are more like cries and pleading. We must come to God in desperation at times in deep reverence and respect for who He is. Then our prayers will be answered.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of my everything. You are my strength and my heart. You are my vision and my desire to. Teach me, show me, and lead me in paths of righteousness. Help me to pray effective prayers that are deeply reverential. Teach me to pray well and lead well. Help me in all areas to honor You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment