Saturday, October 14, 2023

Cling to the King

 Scripture:

"As loincloth clings to a man's waste, so I created Judah and Israel to cling to me, says the Lord. They were to be my people, my pride, my glory - an honor to my name. But they would not listen to me." Jeremiah 13:11

Observation:

Israel and Judah had forsaken the Lord and were worshiping other gods. God confronts them through Jeremiah and tells them that they were created to cling to Him like a loincloth, but they wouldn't. He wanted them to be his glory, honor, and pride, but they chose differently and to be like other nations. 

Application:

We were created to cling to God with all our hearts. He loves it when we are clingy. He loves it when we look to Him to fight our battles and intervene in our lives. We have been grafted into the family of God and His desire for Israel and Judah is now His desire for us. We must cling to God like a loincloth clings to a person.

Prayer:

Father, help me to cling to You in every situation and never to try to work apart from You. I want to be as close as my skin. I long for Your presence, Your touch, and Your glory. I long to know You more intimately. You are my everything. Teach me to be clingy.

Forever Clinging to You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment