Thursday, October 19, 2023

Accurate Prophecy

 Scripture:

“So a prophet who predicts peace must show he is right. Only when his predictions come true can we know that he is really from the Lord.””  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭28‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here, Jeremiah says that a prophet who predicts peace when trouble is coming, must show he is right. The proof of prophetic accuracy is when those predictions come true. A prophet must be judged on accuracy, not emotion or feelings. Many people bring good words, but God is more impressed with conveying His truth than with people liking what we say.

Application:

The proof is in the pudding is a saying in the U.S. When prophecy is accurate, it will come to pass. When we judge a prophet, it must be on accuracy of predictions and not our emotions or feelings. We may not like what he or she is saying, but we must listen because of their accuracy. For me personally, I want to prophesy with accuracy. I want to be used by God in this gift stronger and stronger, and I want to see fruit of things happening that were predicted.

Prayer:

Father, use me in the prophetic ministry. I am Yours and I want all I do to bring Your glory. Help me to see what You are doing and say what You are saying. Help me to convey accurately, Your heart on things. I want to make You look good. I am Yours and all I have is Yours. Help me to live and walk with You and know Your voice.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment