Monday, October 23, 2023

Obedience

 Scripture:

“Whether we like it or not, we will obey the Lord our God to whom we are sending you with our plea. For if we obey him, everything will turn out well for us.””  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭42‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

A group of men approached Jeremiah and asked him to talk to the Lord on their behalf. They knew that obedience to God was a requirement for answered prayer so they said, “Whether we like it or not, we will obey the Lord our God… if we obey Him, everything will turn out well for us.” They knew that things always turn out better when we obey God and do what He says.

Application:

Sometimes we want God to do His part in answering our prayers, but we forget that we have a part to play. Obedience unlocks the blessing of God in our lives. We must be willing to do whatever He says, whether we like it or not. Obedience to God always brings blessing and answered prayers. Why should God answer our prayers if we are not faithful to do what He asks us to do? As a parent, I feel hurt when my sons ask for things, but don’t want to listen to what I have to say.

Prayer:

Father, empower me to walk in obedience to You and Your Word at all times. I don’t want to use You just to get things, but want to work together to make a difference in the world. Show me Your ways and teach me Your paths. Let my answer always be YES.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment