Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Springs or Cisterns?

 Scripture:

““For my people have done two evil things: They have abandoned me— the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭2‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking to His people and tells them that they have abandoned the fountain of living water, and dug cisterns that can’t hold water at all. God is the fountain of living water that flows from His throne, cisterns are our attempts to hold water. God is looking for a people who remain committed to the fountain rather than try to build a cistern, a man made way of holding water.

Application:

God is the source of everything we need. When we try to build our own ways and make things happen without Him, we are building cisterns to hold something only He can give anyway. Our best attempts will never satisfy life a never ending spring. God is not interested in our ways, He wants us to be interested in His ways. His ways are better than ours. We can’t make happen in the flesh what God started in the Spirit. 

Prayer:

Father, take away any cisterns I have created. Jesus said we would have living water coming like a spring from our lives. I want to let the river flow and not try to create a manmade replacement. I want to be connected to the source of life at all times. Help me to stay in tune with You all the days of my life and not miss out on what You are speaking at any time. I want to finish strong in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment