Monday, October 16, 2023

The Mighty Warrior Beside Me

 Scripture:

“But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior. Before him my persecutors will stumble. They cannot defeat me. They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated. Their dishonor will never be forgotten.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭20‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah declares here that the Lord stands beside him like a great warrior who will cause his enemies to stumble. He felt he could not be defeated because the Lord, the mighty warrior, was beside him. Jeremiah had to prophesy some very difficult things that made a lot of people mad, but he knew the Lord had his back.

Application:

God has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He is with us! We need to remember that when things are difficult. I need to remember that the Lord stands beside me at all times and He is a mighty warrior. Knowing this gives me strength to stand when things are falling apart around me. This weekend we have been singing, “This is how I fight my battles” a lot. The second phrase says, “it may look like I’m surrounded, but I’m surrounded by You.” God’s got us. He’s standing right there with us. Therefore, we can be bold.

Prayer:

Father, thank for walking beside me as a mighty warrior. You are the best and it is an honor to serve You. Help me to serve You well in my generation. Let me walk with You as close as possible. I want to know You more and more. Walk with me and talk with me. I’m Yours.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment