Monday, October 2, 2023

Obedience to God

 Scripture:

“Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭48‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to His children. He says to Israel that He wishes they had listened to His commands because then they would have peace like a river and righteousness like waves of the sea. If they had listened to God their country, and personal lives, would be much different. You can hear in this passage that God strongly wished they had listened because He wanted to bless them with peace.

Application:

God’s commands are not to hurt us, but so He can bless us. His commands are not to be seen as regulations that are demanded, but as a Covenant to be entered into with promises. His promise is, If you do things they way I ask you, I will bless you with peace and victory over every enemy. If you do things your own way, I can’t protect You and a fight your battles. Our obedience is the key that unlocks the blessings of Almighty God.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for Your word. It is truly a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Your promises are awesome and I appreciate each one. Help me to take care of my part of the Covenant of obedience. Teach me to follow Your ways with all my heart. Help me to live a life that pleases You by Your Spirit. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment