Saturday, September 30, 2023

DO What He Says

 Scripture:

“You see and recognize what is right but refuse to act on it. You hear with your ears, but you don’t really listen.””  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭42‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here through Isaiah and tells the people of Israel that they see what is right, but don’t do it and they hear, but don’t really listen. God isn’t impressed with us seeing and hearing what we should do. He is impressed when we DO what we see needs done and DO what we hear in His word.

Application:

It is important in our lives to follow James’ words when he said that we shouldn’t just hear the word, but DO the word because then we are deceiving ourselves. As a believer, I must be a person of action. I have to DO the things I know He wants me to DO and to speak the things I know He wants me to speak. I have to be a person of action and not just seeing and hearing. We must do what we see and hear or our seeing and hearing is in vain.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, forgive me for the times I have heard, but not done things You have asked me to do. Forgive me for the times I have seen what needed done and did nothing about it. Help me to be a person of action and to lead Your people well. Show me the way forward and help me to communicate to others the importance of being people of action. Let my life be a life of obedience to all You speak to me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment