Saturday, September 16, 2023

Loved and Claimed

 Scripture:

“I am my lover’s, and he claims me as his own.”  ‭‭Song of Songs‬ ‭7‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Many view Song of Songs as a romance novel about erotic love. Some, especially those of old, interpreted  it as a love song about God’s relationship with His people. They would say it speaks of God’s incredible love for His bride, the Church. If we view it that way, then this passage would remind me that I am God’s and He claims me as His own. 

Application:

Feeling loved and claimed by someone is so important to our self worth and value as a person. In our walk with God, we can rest assured that He loves us, we belong to Him and He claims us. Even when we mess up, He claims us. He doesn’t walk away when we cause trouble. He doesn’t kick us out as His lover. He claims us. That should give us great confidence and self worth in life. We should also offer this to those we love. Our spouses should know they are ours and that we claim them, desire them, and want to be with them.

Prayer:

Father, You are awesome and Your love is incredible. You claim me, even though I have failed You many times. You love me even though I don’t deserve it. You are the best and I offer You my life completely in response to Your unfathomable love.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment