Tuesday, September 5, 2023

LOVING to GIVE

 Scripture:

“Some people are always greedy for more, but the godly love to give!”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭21‬:‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon links godliness and giving in this passage. He says there are people who are always greedy for more, but the godly love to give. Human nature is very selfish and wants to receive continually rather than give. Giving is the nature of God, who sent His only Son to die in our place. 

Application:

Giving puts a smile on your face, especially when you see the impact on people’s faces and in their eyes. Greedy people are seldom happy people. Usually the happiest people on earth are those who love to give and bless others. I want to be a generous person. I enjoy giving, but I want to move to where the Proverb says, where one LOVES to GIVE.

Prayer:

Father, make me a generous person. Let me live in a more generous way. You are an extremely generous God and I want to be like You in every way. Help me to move from being a giving person to LOVING GIVING. Enable me to be a blessing to others financially. I can’t give what I don’t have. Bless my life and let me have enough for us, and plenty to give away.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment