Monday, September 25, 2023

Eternal Rock

 Scripture:

“Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah tells us here to trust in the Lord, not sometimes, not once in a while, but always. He then gives an explanation of why, because he is the eternal rock. When I think of an eternal rock, I think of something that is never going to move. I think of something that is not moved by storms, hurricanes, disasters, etc. 

Application:

When I think of the Lord as my eternal rock, I think He is someone I can trust never to move. He is a strong foundation to build my life upon. When storms of life come, He is not overwhelmed or moved by them. He can the trusted to weather any storm, battle, etc. I need to trust the eternal rock more and more in my life. He’s not moving anywhere.

Prayer:

Lord, my eternal rock, You are faithful, reliable, never wavering, and always the same. You are trustworthy and not shaken by things around me. Help me to trust You more and when I am shaken by the storms of life, let me remember that You are never shaken and therefore, I don’t have to be shaken by my surroundings.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment