Tuesday, September 26, 2023

God is Waiting for Us

 Scripture:

“So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭30‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

The prophet had been telling of God’s impending doom coming to His people.. He says something powerful in this passage. He says the Lord is waiting for Israel to come to Him so He could show them love and compassion because God is faithful. God is seen here as waiting on His people to turn to Him because He wants to bless them, but they have to turn so He waits.

Application:

Why keep God waiting? I want to be a person who does what the Lord says and doesn’t hold him up waiting for me to get things right so He can bless me. God wants to bless us, our job is to get in alignment with Him and His will, then we can wait for His blessings, which are incredible. Sometimes it feels like we are waiting on Him to bless us when in reality He is waiting on us.

Prayer:

Father, you are a good, good, Father. Thank You for loving Your people so much! Help me not to have any area of disobedience in my life. I want to always say yes to You. Thanks for highlighting this verse today. You are waiting to bless me, but not because of You, but because of me. Align my life so I can walk in Your complete and total blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment