Friday, September 15, 2023

Forever Seeking

 Scripture:

"So I said to myself, 'I will get up and roam the city, searching in all its streets and squares. I will search for the one I love.' So I searched everywhere but did not find him." Song of Songs 3:2

Observation:

This is definitely a picture of lovers seeking each other out, but I also see a spiritual connotation. Last week I preached about seeking God and finding Him when you seek for Him with all your heart. As Solomon spoke of the woman searching for her lover, I want to search and seek for God in a similar manner.

Application:

I need to seek God more in my life. I need to get up and roam the city, the streets, and squares, searching for the one I love. We need to get more desperate for God in our lives. As I said Sunday, we have as much of God as we want because He promises to let Himself be found by us when we seek Him with all our hearts. As for me, just like in marriage, I want to pursue my Lord all the days of my life and never slow down.

Prayer:

Father, I run after You this morning. I need You in my life in ever-increasing ways. I need Your guidance, direction, vision, and Your knowledge. I want to walk in step with the Spirit at all times, but I need to hear Your voice. Open my ears and eyes to hear and see what You are doing around me. Help me to lead Your people well and to be an example of one who desperately pursues the Lord.

Forever Seeking,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment