Monday, September 11, 2023

Think About Death

 Scripture:

“A wise person thinks a lot about death, while a fool thinks only about having a good time.” ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭7‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon declares here that wise people think a lot about the end of their lives, but fools only want to have a good time. When we focus on the end of our lives, we get a destination point and work toward that point. It is foolish to just wander through life having a good time but going nowhere.

Application:

Thinking about death means thinking about eternity. How and where do we wan to spend eternity? Those questions need to be thought about more often. I want my life to make an impact for eternity for many people. When I die, I want to go to heaven with a shout and lots of souls that have come to Jesus. When I think about eternity, everything else falls into place and priorities get re-organized.

Prayer:

Father, help me to think about death more often rather than just trying to enjoy life. Be with my mom today, who has been facing death the last couple days. Help me to stay focused on eternity throughout my days and to keep a right heart at all times.

Your Son For Eternity,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment