Thursday, September 14, 2023

Live What You Teach

 Scripture:

“Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you.” ‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells his spiritual son, Timothy, here to closely watch how he lives and what he teaches, not only for his own salvation, but for those who hear him. Our teaching, preaching, and lives must be consistent with what we teach. If not, it can affect, not only our lives, but those who are under our care. 

Application:

 Our lives matter. People are being influenced by what they see in our lives. We must give people something real. We must give people something that is working for us and that is doctrinally sound. How we live cannot be different from what we teach. They must reflect each other and our teaching must be demonstrated through our lives. Then, and only then, do we have truly good teaching.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live what I teach at all times. Let Your Word work in my life so others can see Your goodness. Let me live a life others can read and observe. Show me how to live in such a way that my teachings are reflected in my life, and therefore more powerful. I don’t want to preach what I cannot live. Help me to live well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment