Monday, September 4, 2023

Self-control and Waiting

 Scripture:

“Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16‬:‭32‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This Proverbs tells us that patience is better than power and self-control is better than conquering a city. In other words, patience can get you places that power wan’t get you and self-control can work just as effectively as war. When you walk in patience, self-control, and wisdom, you don’t have to fight.

Application:

I long to walk with the wise. I want to operate in wisdom, patience, and self-control. These are difficult in the flesh because our flesh like power and to rule. Patience allows God time to work instead of taking things into our own hands. I need to grow in learning wen to fight and when to wait. I want to walk in step with the Spirit on all things and walk in patience and restraint while I wait.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to follow You well. Help me to trust You and not rush in to fix things all the time. Help me to trust that You will take care of me and that I don’t have to push so hard. Teach me to wait on You instead of moving ahead of You. Show me Your ways and let me walk in them completely.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment