Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Humility and the Fear of the Lord

 Scripture:

“True humility and fear of the Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭22‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon teaches us here that true humility and fear of the Lord bring about great things in our lives. They lead to riches, honor, and long life. He distinguishes TRUE humility. True humility and the fear of the Lord are linked. True humility realizes God is all-powerful and honors Him above all. When we fear God, we walk in humility before Him. 

Application:

You can’t have a proper perspective of God and walk in pride. When you really know God, you fear God, which will always put you in a place of humility. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Everything starts and finishes with fearing the Lord. When we fear Him, we walk humbly before Him. We must learn the fear of the Lord and walk in humility before Him. When we do that, riches, honor, and long life are ahead of us.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let me never take You for granted. Teach me the fear of the Lord and show me how to walk humbly before You on a daily basis. Show me the path You want me to take every day. I need You desperately. I submit myself into Your hands. Lead me, guide me, and direct my steps every day. Let my life lift You up and bring You praise.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment