Thursday, September 7, 2023

Valid Criticism

 Scripture:

“To one who listens, valid criticism is like a gold earring or other gold jewelry.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭25‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Criticism is hard to take, but it is good to always listen to your critics and see if there is validity. In every pound of criticism, there is an ounce of truth. We must mine for the truth and grow from it. Valid criticism makes us better, mean criticism breaks our hearts.

Application:

I need to invite more criticism into my life and ministry. I want people around me who can speak truth into my life and help me become a better person and a better leader. Gold earrings and gold jewelry looks great, but the come through a refining process. Listening to our critics is part of that process.

Prayer:

Father, help me to listen better and more to my critics. Help me to glean truth in every criticism. Show me how to respond when criticized. I want to represent You well and want to react how You would react. Help me develop a culture where criticism is valued and accepted.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment