Friday, October 13, 2023

Boast in God and Not in Self

 Scripture:

"This is what the Lord says, 'Don't let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!'"

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah here to His people. He tells them not to boast in anything but Him. Their wisdom, power, and riches, won't get them anywhere. Rather, they should boast in knowing and understanding the Lord, who is faithful, loving, just, and righteous. When we know and boast in Him, He will take care of us.

Application:

We should never boast about our accomplishments. We should only boast about the Lord. Without Him, we can do nothing anyway. He is the source of every good thing and not we ourselves. He is the one who blesses His children and not simply our hard work. God closed this section saying he delights when we honor Him. We must learn to honor God in all things in our lives. When we do, we will see the day of His incredible blessing.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You have blessed my life in so many ways. You are the source of every good thing in my life. You are incredible and I want to give you praise, glory, and honor. You are my all in all. My everything. Without You, I can do nothing. With You, I can charge enemy forces. I don't want to walk a single step in my life without Your guidance, protection, and provision.

Yours Truly,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment